The Swiss Exercise Ball as a chair
Thanks to how comfortable modern life has gotten, most of us are guilty of living rather sedentary lifestyles. Lack of exercise, poor dietary habits, and various other factors make us extremely prone to dangerous health conditions like diabetes and cardiac disease. Sometimes, all you need to do is make one little change to improve your life for the better.
Let’s try by using a Swiss ball or exercise ball as our office or home chair. Bouncing around on one of these things all day is quite enjoyable, but it has a lot more benefits than that. Here are five reasons why you should make this change as soon as you can.
- Sitting on a chair while working limits your movement. With a Swiss ball, you get to do simple workouts like stretches any time you like. And you don’t even have to get up. Whenever you have a couple of minutes free, use the time to stretch your limbs and give your body a quick workout.
- Since the Swiss ball is not necessarily stable by itself, you’ll need to align your body to balance it. This helps you perfect your posture and improve your spine alignment. Perfecting your spine posture helps balance the exercise ball which in turn keeps you sitting upright, improving your back and reducing any pains. Besides your posture, the exercise ball also helps improve your body’s balance.
- While trying to balance, your body relies on core muscles. So, when you’re sitting on a Swiss ball all day, you’re actually giving your abdomen a subtle workout. You may not notice it immediately, but you’ll see gradual changes over time. Soon, you’ll be admiring that six-pack you’ve always wanted.
- Another major improvement that comes with using a Swiss ball is that it boosts circulation within your body. Sitting on a chair all day restricts circulation to some parts of your body, but an exercise ball helps keep your blood flowing.
- Using an exercise ball whenever you can leave you feeling more energetic. Since you’ll be moving around, it helps burn more calories than by simply sitting around. More calories burned means a fitter body with maximum energy.
Fitness trainers and gym freaks swear by the Swiss ball and its effects on the body.